hold up the sky

the butterflies need their spring...

Friday, September 09, 2005

quidam

spanishweb boumboum
"Quidam: a nameless passer-by, a solitary figure lingering on a street corner, a person rushing past. It could be anyone, anybody. Someone coming, going, living in our anonymous society. A member of the crowd, one of the silent majority. The one who cries out, sings and dreams within us all. This is the 'quidam' that Cirque du Soleil is celebrating."

I am one lucky girl, scored free preview tickets to catch this visual extravaganza.
Image000#1
It was totally stunning visually, musically and theatrically. It was bittersweet and poetic; kinda of vaudeville meets the turkish gypsy kings meets one's childhood merry-go-round. I've had the luxury to watch all the three performances that have come to town- this one absolutely took my breath away. Not so much that it was more complicated or the stunts were better; but simply cos there is a subtle underlying sense of bewilderment tainted by a melancholic rim of sighs that hangs over you as you watch, leave and ponder on what it was, and what it could be...

5 Comments:

  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger kim said…

    YOU LUCKY WOMAN. I WANT TO WATCH THAT. -kimmmy

     
  • At 10:58 PM, Blogger kim said…

    GAH BABE MY NOSE IS ALTERNATING BETWEEN BEING CLOGGED AND ALL LEAKY. why don't i have a snot picker when i need one???? -kimmmmy

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Roy said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger Roy said…

    neighb, i just caught Quidam last night. My england not powderful enuff to describe it. Was at the front row and all I did was watch with my eyes and mouth wide open even though I knew , esp my mouth, was just like 'Wa!'

    Wish I had caught the previous ones, can't wait for the next show!

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Kera Shadowe said…

    I say, why didn't you go get pulled up? (: Mariann told me that you went, hahas. Tis be Dawn here. Link me, I say, link!

    http://k3ra.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home