hold up the sky

the butterflies need their spring...

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

rainy days...


I've always loved it when it rains.

I'm not what you call the "go run outside and stand in the rain with arms out splayed" yelling about how I'm communing with nature and stuff like that. But I love it when it rains. I love it even if my shoes and socks get wet. I love how the thunder claps and the bolts of lightning splits everything, lights up everything; especially at night. Even if it jolts me out of bed. I love seeing the puddles on the ground and if decorum permits, I'd jump in them. (If I splash my sister nearby, all the better. Don't fret, she'd do the same back.)

I love it particularly cos it makes cosying and cuddling all the sweeter and sleep all the more satisfying. I love how my mum has this incessant need to make steamboat or porridge each time it pours- as though our soul and body needs to be soothe. (I personally hate steamboat, unless its shabu shabu. And am not a particular porridge fan, but ah well...) I love how the dogs go a tad whiny and feel this instinctive need to lay at your feet and place their heads on your lap.

I love most of all, how I can not make my trip to the gym and blame it on the weather rather than my laziness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home