hold up the sky

the butterflies need their spring...

Saturday, December 09, 2006

step back in time

Its been along time since I left JC and of all the institutions of learning that I've been in, I think my JC time was the one that shaped and molded me the most. Primary school was well, primary school full of childish wiles and kiddish dreams. I'm still friends with a sizable portion of my primary school mates- I even once dated one of them- but it was a time of fun, games and worrying about the PSLE. Which in the grand scheme of things is rather trival though I didn't think so at that time. Secondary school was a real eye-opener. Any former SCGS girl will tell you, it is the place that gives you your identity as a woman, as a person. I did for me anyway and the chance to go back to the school recently felt good. The recent passing awat of Aunty Nancy (the unniform tailor- in my time, all uniforms were specially tailormade rather than bought off the rack) and the Mee Pok Man actually still made me sad.

Still, for all my growing up in Primary school (Rosyth) and SCGS, it was JC (Anderson JC) that really saw me coming into my own. I discovered debating for one- which I must say truly revolutionized my life and career- and met some of the best people in the world. Other than my class girls whom I dearly love and totally enjoy hanging out with until today; these guys and girls (in the two pictures here) were my other source of entertainment, support and friendship. May calls us the Cheerleader and Jock Club; till today, I beg to differ. They've been great and its good to see everyone "all grown up." One's even on the way to having a baby!

Its amazing to see how much we've been able to cramp in between the last eight years. And how we've all grown. And yet, remained the same.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home