hold up the sky

the butterflies need their spring...

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

drifting

Many people have this idea that I have loads of friends. I mean, *ahem* I was a cheerleader in the cheerleader and jock club once upon a time. And this past year, I've probably met more new people this year than most of the other years- in terms of new aquaintances and new "outer circle" friends.

But the funny thing is, I'm not any closer to any of them. Instead its been a lot of renewing of old friendships; rekindling old memories and spending many a good hour reminising with old friends. My circle of friends have solidified somewhat, I have a better measure of who my close friends are: you know, those that you can call at 4 in the morning in tears and they'd patiently hear you out. Or those that can spend hours just doing nothing with, the kind you can sit with in silence and talk about nothing and everything and anything.

And I guess, some would think, the more the merrier. It just isn't the case for me. And I feel so richly blessed because of it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home