hold up the sky

the butterflies need their spring...

Friday, December 29, 2006

little boy grown up

Few days back I received a package in the mail from and old friend that made we smile- which, might I add, can be rather few and far between given my silly schedule that wouldn't let up. Now, I don't think I've really posted pix of half-naked men on my blog before, but I'll make an exception today.

You see, other than my own sisters, only three other people call me "Jie". (Actually, Celia calls me "chair" but that's another story for another day.) One's Joel who, in all honesty, I hardly see given he's off studying and taking over the world overseas. The second is Shasha- possibly one of the extremely vivacious, incredibly smart, totally out-of-this-world-cool chicks I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.

And the third is Timmy Boy (Timothy John to be precise, he's the one who's face is splashed in the pix in this post) waterpolo extraordinaire, Cleo Eligible Bachelor nominee (he won some award or other, I can't recall which), SMU ambassador and from what I've gathered Mr Popular/Sexy all rolled into one hot, tight package.

We go back a long way, close to 10 years, and over the years I've missedd far too many of his waterpolo matches (truth be told, I've only watched one match, his team won); I've been the here-and there-sometimes available-sometimes-absent "older" sister; I've seen him wade through the murky waters of boy-dom (read: all the nonsense in school, with girls and what not) and and seen this boy grown into a strapping young lad. (How English does that sound?!) Yes, little Timmy Boy's all grown up.

So Tim, thanks for the years of friendship, for the kind thoughts and sweet note. And yes, I am incredibly proud of you: for "staying in shape", for staying the course (a few detours non-barring) and for making me smile. :) hugs my dear.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home