hold up the sky

the butterflies need their spring...

Friday, December 30, 2005

This road

RI0007655


For those privvy to the inner workings of my life, you'd know that my life has been a huge pile of mish-mash matters that have come to a head these past months. Its been an emotional roller-coaster ride, its been a seemingly endless tunnel of unnverving moments and not-always-very-nice surprises, and most of all, its been a real test of faith, patience and the belief I've had in many things. But its also been a time of renewal, of new learnings, of discovering new knowledge and a greater understanding of the mechanics of many things, and of a greater appreciation for family, friends that have kept the faith and gone the distance for me- and are continuing to do so- and the simple faith that God has His plan.

Earlier today I found my Ginny Owen CD. Ginny has come a long way for me and some of my friends; suffice to say she's been a Charmed singer of Felicity proportions. Its been a long while since a song got to me like This Road did. Its a beautiful summation of where I'm at and I remain grateful to you all who have kept the faith.

We may not see what lies beyond the bend, but thank God we have good people to make the journey that much easier.

Ginny Owens: This Road
A million miles away from anything familiar
A thousand places I would rather be
So I choke back the tears and try to find the bright side
Though I find it hard to see beyond my suffering
In my heart I know Your plan is so much bigger
But this small part is all that I can see
And I believe you haven't left me here to wander
Still I can't help but ponder where You're leading me

And I ask why this road
Why this way and this load
Tell me how far I must go
'Til I see
'Til I know why this road

A million miles away from anythig familliar
What was it like to be so far from home
And though You came in love the world misunderstood You
There must have been some days when You felt so alone
But You endured 'cause there was joy before You
Joy that came because You sacrificed
Since You gave yourself just to spend forever with me
Surely I can trust You'll lead me through my darkest times

When I ask why this road
Why this way and this load
Tell me how far must I go
'Til I see
'Til I know why this road

From here I can not see why You'd choose this path for me
But I don't have to understand to believe that You know why

You know why this road
Why this way and this load
You know how far I must go
'Til I see
'Til I know why this road

4 Comments:

  • At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The first song I thought of was this one by Jars of Clay. Must go check out Ginny again...

    All heavy laden acquainted with sorrow
    May Christ in our marrow, carry us home
    From alabaster come blessings of laughter
    A fragrance of passion and joy from the truth

    Grant the unbroken tears ever flowing
    From hearts of contrition only for You
    May sin never hold true that love never broke through
    For God's mercy holds us and we are His own

    This road that we travel, may it be the straight and narrow
    God give us peace and grace from You, all the day
    Shelter with fire, our voices we raise still higher
    God give us peace and grace from You, all the day through

     
  • At 11:47 PM, Blogger hold up the sky said…

    "May sin never hold true that love never broke through"
    That's a real beautiful line...

    ginny's one of my all time favourites, if you cannot find your copy, i pass you mine.

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hang in there, Cher. Things can only get better.

    Joan

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    10! 9! 8! 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1! *crowd cheering!!*
    *whistles*
    yahoo!!!!!
    oops. am i too early????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home