hold up the sky

the butterflies need their spring...

Friday, October 28, 2005

speaking up against the brain fuzz

Over the last few days, I've had a lot on my mind. There are the "search and rescue" missions that I go on (thankfully, usually with Ram for company); there are the "command and conquer" ones that I somehow got embroiled with; and all the other mini adventures I somehow find myself in. Don't know if its always been fun but it takes up enough of my time, brain juice and causes me to break out in spurts of questions (some very valid, most rather innane- which Rub has to bear the bulk of the burden but that's what boyfriends are there for).

And so for comic relief- thanks to the evidently very free people in my life- or some say, rather funny, many who entertain me in their own little ways (some ways are rather strange which I wouldn't get into)- I now have more stuff to ponder about.

I don't know which is worse: That there are people out there who actually consider all these stuff? Or that I actually spent time thinking and laughing about each one? Maybe I'm just stressed. Or maybe, I've caught Kim/Brenda's laugh at everything bug. Its a rather good bug to catch sometimes. Life's a hoot.

I've put my favourite one in bold; those that get why it's my favourite, get it. Those that don't, you just haven't heard the story yet.

Stuff to annoy the brain
Why is the alphabet in that order? Is it because of that song?
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?
If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest drown, too?
Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?
If the "black box" flight recorder is never damaged during a plane crash, why isn't the whole airplane made out of that stuff?
Isn't it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do "practice"?
If the police arrest a mime, do they tell him he has the right to remain silent?
The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.
Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot at them?
I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.
If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
If you ate pasta and antipasto, would you still be hungry?
Whose cruel idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have a "S" in it?
If God dropped acid, would he see people?
How is it possible to have a civil war?
Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
If a deaf person swears, does his mother wash his hands with soap?
If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?
If you spin an oriental man in a circle three times, does he become disoriented?
What do you do when you see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant?
If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?
Would a fly without wings be called a walk?
Is there another word for synonym?
What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Does the Little Mermaid wear an algebra?
If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?
Why do they lock gas station bathrooms? Are they afraid someone will clean them?
If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?
Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?
One nice thing about egotists: they don't talk about other people.
Why do they put Braille on the drive-through bank machines?
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
Where do forest rangers go to "get away from it all?"
If a man is standing in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him...is he still wrong?

4 Comments:

  • At 1:37 AM, Blogger Alvin said…

    Hee

    If a man is standing in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him...is he still wrong?

    For another good laugh you can check this out, don't know if you'll get it tho cus it's mostly in nerd-speak ;)

    http://www.expectnothing.com/pub/posts/attached/0002k1cc.gif

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger kim said…

    Men are wrong all the time- regardless of time, venue or audience (or lackthereof)

    Anyway, HA. I'm good company and good influence. And then again, this world really IS a hilarious place to be- with all it's laughter-inducing inhabitants their lack of neuroconnections. Ohwell!

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey cherie, its me, lijun frm ping yi sec, the wonderful class 511.. still remember me(us). =) i miss u alot, same goes to ramesh. u 2 rox our life! n definatly motivated us alot.. we've been struggling much but nt goin to give up.. hope u guys would come down to out sch again! ( its the new sch now, more vandelation already).. do drop by k! *cuX we miss u guys alot!!..*lotta love frm me, lijun.
    ps: visit my blog?
    www.dusty-sparks.blogspot.com

     
  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger Enchanted One said…

    I would rather laugh than cry especially when things aren't going to change =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home