hold up the sky

the butterflies need their spring...

Monday, January 23, 2006

Day 12: Its in the small things

People have asked me if I have plans to compile all the essays I've written for Bethesda Bells into a book. I've considerd that notion and think, I'd pass. Instead, I'd document them here; some would be articles in full, others excerpts. Thanks to all that have encouraged me to write over the years, its been an amazing trip. I've not written quite so much these days, well, maybe its time to pick up the pen and start again...


From: Don't let the Sun go down on Myanmar

Cherie: God? You know, someday, I want to do great things for you.
God: Really? That's good. (God smiles) I've got a big job for you.
Cherie: Cool. I want to teach many people. I want people to see me and see You. I want my life to be a walking testimony for you.
God: that's wonderful my dear, in fact, I could use you today.
Cherie: Em, now?

God: See that young girl over there? She'd love to get to know you.
Cherie:But, em, God, its lunch time and I'm hungry.
God: And she's hungry too...
Cherie: She lives here, Father, food is really not an issue for her you know.
God: She's hungry for you, for what you have to say about Me.
Cherie: Now?

God: You see that road, Cherie?
Cherie: Yeah.(Screws up her face) Ewww, is that cow dung I see?
God: Walk and visit the children at the end of the road.
Cherie: But its so far in! And God, I'm tired.
God: Go child, It'd be worth it. Come, I'll even walk with you, let me enjoy the sunrise with you.
Cherie: Do we have to go now?

God: See that man? Listen to him, he's got something worthwhile to say.
Cherie: It wouldn't take too long right?
God: No, it wouldn't. But talk with him ok?
Cherie: But I might be late for the other appointment.
God: I'll take care of things. Just listen and be encouraged.
Cherie: You mean, like now?

God: Do as I say, Cherie. I know what lies ahead.
Cherie: Thought You said you had a big job for me?
God: I do. See that child. She needs a hug.
Cherie: But what about saving the world?!
God: (Smiles) But you are the world to her.

8 Comments:

  • At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like! Book, please :D

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oops, that was me ~A

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger hold up the sky said…

    aiyah, printing book damn mah fan lah. i'll just rehash them all here... one at a time, like an online journal. Maybe i'll link them all on my webpage next time.

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger kim said…

    I'll fill you in on today's session- according to Rue, we burn about 500 calories in one muay thai session- which is equivalent to burning just ONE pathetic gram of fat. She also told us that 20 grams (grams ah, GRAMS) of pineapple tart is worth 18grams of fat. hahaha happy chinese new year man..

     
  • At 10:48 PM, Blogger Enchanted One said…

    kim: u gotta b joking. i just ate 4 pineapple tarts. i better b on the double. how's ur exams? ok ?

    rie: thanks 4 filling me in on the photos =)

     
  • At 1:04 AM, Blogger hold up the sky said…

    no way....

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger kim said…

    brenda: hm, some papers were ok, some were terrible. and there's more to come. thanks for asking anyway :)

    rie: haha, believe me babe. she was giving us more statistics on bak kua and everything else. and oh, egg rolls too! heh. the whole class was like. whaaaat? so she was like "yea if you dont gimme proper kicks you dont need to think of eating them" hahaa

     
  • At 2:34 AM, Blogger Enchanted One said…

    kim: thanks 4 letting me know abt the tarts. i really watch my diet n going 2 'actual gym' for 30 mins of cardio. so scared ...

    oh ur papers not over ?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home